Buying a property or building a house is one of the most common dreams in people's lives. This is because a house is where life itself happens. A house is where a family forms and grows, turning a property into a home. Also, this is the place where people can truly show themselves as they are and live by their rules. Therefore, offering quality materials for the structure of this dream come true is crucial for any building project.
This is where ready-mix concrete comes into play. Most houses today are made using concrete. Concrete is a mixture of cement and sand. The main issue with traditional concrete is that it is made on the spot. Therefore, many errors can occur due to wrong proportions, insufficient mixing, etc. Also, mixing concrete requires specialized equipment that is big and expensive. The mixing process for using concrete makes the building process slower and more chaotic.
Ready-mix concrete: a speed boost for making a dream come true
The main difference between regular concrete and ready-mix concrete is that the latter is not mixed on the spot but in a specialized factory. This factory produces big batches of concrete that are made with specific characteristics depending on the needs of the construction site. This allows for several advantages compared to regular concrete:
- Because of the additives that can be added to the mix, ready-mix concrete can have any desired characteristic, such as the ability to withstand temperature, to withstand humidity, etc. These additives are harder to add to the specific amounts needed when concrete is mixed on-site.
- Only the required amount is produced in the batch. Meaning there will be no waste of unused products.
- There is no need for having or storing mixing equipment because all the concrete will be produced outside of the construction site.
- Since it is not mixed on-site, it reduces the risk of work hazards associated with having a concrete mixing site on the construction site.
- When mixed in a factory, concrete doesn't produce as much waste as regular concrete. This is because a more controlled and specialized system allows for better usage of resources.
With all of this in mind, it is easy to see how superior ready-mix concrete truly is. It reduces the stress load on security duties. It also allows workers to focus on construction duties instead of having to mix concrete all day, which reduces the building time and also offers better quality overall.
Contact a local concrete service, such as Puente Ready Mix, to learn more.